Houndstooth Jacket

And we have a winner...finally.

Lessons learned from previous projects applied. This is another run of Simplicity pattern 4789 (View C). I feel like Goldilocks - one jacket was too small, the other made out of scuba knit didn't press well, and this one is just right.

Since this houndstooth fabric I used had just a smidge of stretch across the grain, I went up two sizes from the one that didn't fit and this one is good. This fabric is lighter than the scuba knit I used and irons a lot better so I was able to get a good press on the seams and didn't feel the need to topstitch everything to hold things in place.

I'm happy with this one! I think I'll wear this one when I go into the office on Tuesday.