I had intended this skirt to be an elastic waist skirt made from a remnant I picked up, but severely miscalculated my hip measurement...so it has been sitting on my rack for a while until I could figure out what to do about it. I decided to give an invisible zipper a whirl.
I picked out the stitches on one of the side seams and read up on invisible zippers. It was easier than I thought!
It turned out ok, at least not too shabby for a first try. It's a little big, so I don't know that I'll ever wear it, but I learned something new in the process, so it wasn't a waste!
This zipper isn't totally invisible, but that's not the zipper's fault. I topstitched it because it felt like the zipper was going to get caught in the fabric, so I think that's why it shows. You're probably not supposed to do what I did, but again, it's a trial effort!